Case Study: Mobile Device Security and Other Threats
Due Week 8 and worth 110 points
Read the article titled, “Mobile Devices Will Be Biggest Business Security Threat in 2014”, located at http://www.businessnewsdaily.com/5670-mobile-devices-will-be-biggest-business-security-threat-in-2014.html, and reference FIPS 140-2 Security Policy, located at http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140sp/140sp1648.pdf. In addition, read the Sophos report titled, “Security Threat Report 2014”, located at http://www.sophos.com/en-us/medialibrary/PDFs/other/sophos-security-threat-report-2014.pdf.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Analyze the emerging security threats presented
within the“Security Threat Report 2014” report.
- Analyze the major threats to mobile devices,
and suggestat least two (2) methods to mitigate the concerns and make the devicesmore secure from an organizational standpoint. Justify your response.
- Determine whether or not you believe that the
mobile devicethreats are the most critical and disturbing of all of the security threatspresented in the articles. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Select one (1) security threat, unrelated to mobile devices, that you believe is the most alarming, and explain the
main reasonswhy you believe that the chosen threat warrants concern. Suggest key strategies for mitigating the risk. Justify your response.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in
this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as qualityresources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Define common and emerging security issues and management responsibilities.
- Analyze the methods of managing, controlling, and mitigating security risks and vulnerabilities.
- Explain access control methods and attacks.
- Describe the applications and uses of cryptography
- Use technology and information resources to
research issuesin security management.
- Write clearly and concisely about the theories
of securitymanagement using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.