Define collective bargaining
- Examine the 3 levels of collective bargaining and the conditions necessary for collective
bargaining to take place.
- Discuss the structure and actual process of collective bargaining.
- Examine the collective bargaining relationship
- Define the differences between conjunctive bargaining versus cooperative bargaining and
distributive bargaining versus integrative bargaining
- Describe the benefits of collective bargaining to all parties involved
- Define joint consultation
- Define what industrial action is and explain the processes involved when calling for industrial
- Define the various forms of industrial action such as absenteeism, turnover, strikes, work-to
rule, go-slow, work-in/sit-in and picketing
Conciliation & Arbitration
- Define the concepts of conciliation and arbitration and understand the similarities and
differences between these concepts.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of conciliation and arbitration in the collective
- Examine various conciliation and arbitration case studies and apply an understanding of these
theories and concepts