Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the discussion and the any insights you gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
|Rating of Group Members|
|Each member of a team needs to contribute productively and fulfill the obligations associated with his/her role. Rate each of your team members from above, based on the degree of their contribution to the successful completion of the group project. This information will be confidential and only known by your instructor. Based on the feedback of the ratings by group members, 20% of your individual grade will be dependent on the ratings by your team members with regards to your contributions and collaboration. Please rate each of your team members as low (1), medium (3), or high (5) in terms of their contributions to the team and their fulfillment of the team agreement above.|
|Team Member’s Name||Rating||Feedback about Performance|
Team Learning Project: Stage 2
For the TLP project, your group will conduct a persuasive speech on the topic of your choice.
The purpose of the Team Learning Project is to construct a persuasive speech aimed at changing the beliefs, attitudes, or behaviors of your fellow students. Your group must construct a well-organized speech according to one of the speech patterns discussed in the text. You should select a real-life, significant problem (at the university, local, state, or national level) that has a personal impact on members of the audience. Speech topic can be structured around a question of fact, a question of value, or a question of policy as long as the choice can be justified.
Your persuasive speech should be approximately 8-10 minutes in length, integrate at least one visual aid, cite a minimum of three sources verbally, and use an extemporaneous speaking style. In addition, you must submit a reference page, a full sentence outline with a clear thesis statement and a statement highlighting what action you want your audience to take.
You will complete the Team Learning Project in two stages:
This week, you will only be focusing on Step #2: Persuasive Speech Creation.
- Step #1: Identify Topic, Locate Research, and Write the Speech Outline- DONE
- Step #2: Persuasive Speech Creation (Week 6)
- In Step #2, your team will create a persuasive speech video. For the speech, you should select one member of the team to conduct the speech for the group (preferably a volunteer).
- Other members are responsible to helping prepare the speech and providing feedback on speech drafts.
- Provide a word-for-word script (this is may be used at a later date to create closed captioning for your video)
- The team member who volunteered to record the speech will send a hyperlink to the other team members.
- Each student in the group must send the final hyperlink to your professor via the Drop Box.
Based on your essay in the last module, did you experience any of the difficulties you anticipated? Was your plan to overcome those obstacles effective? What could have been done better? Explain in a short 500-word essay. However, if you were the person who recorded the video for your group, you may skip this essay. (NOTE: If you are alone in this course, there is no need to write this Part II essay.)
- Step #2 Video: 8-10 minutes
- A word-for-word script for your video
- Part II Essay: 500 words
- minimum of 3 resources; all references should be formatted in APA style
- submit your updated outline and reference page as a Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Open Office (.odt), PDF, image (.jpg, .png) or rich text format (.rtf) file type
- upload your persuasive speech to YouTube
- Record your video directly on YouTube or via Screencast-o-matic (https://screencast-o-matic.com/)
- submit your assignments (updated outline and references; link to persuasive speech) to the Drop Box using Microsoft Word or Open Office Write.
Learning Project Requirements:
- submit your “rating of group members” by the end of the week (each group member needs to submit individually)