1. Psychologists offer several major explanations concerning language acquisition. In the video below, view the story of one child whose experiences challenged the way many psychologists view language acquisition. Based on this video, your textbook readings, and outside reading, discuss the importance of biological and environmental influences on language acquisition.
2. The link below leads to a sample of an intelligence test. Open the site (http://www.hostedtest.com/TakeTest.asp?c=Sample5), and complete the intelligence test. Not only should you see what score and feedback you receive, you should also make observations about the test itself.
· Were the concepts of fluid and/or crystallized intelligence demonstrated through the test you took? Why or why not? Provide examples from the test itself in support of your response.
· Did the test measure practiced and/or emotional intelligence? If so, how? If not, how did it not measure practiced and/or emotional intelligence? Provide examples from the test in support of your response.
· Was the test accurate in measuring intelligence, according to Binet? If so, how? If not, how was it not accurate? Provide examples from the test to support your answer.
· How might this test have been culturally biased? Conversely, do you feel that it was fair? Provide examples from the test that support your perspective