There are 7 drug categories – Stimulants, Depressants, Hallucinogens, Inhalants, Narcotics, Steroids, Cannabis. Each category impacts brain function and behavior, has particular ways of ingestion, and creates a certain reaction within the body.
For this Assignment, you compare substances within two of the seven drug categories.
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Choose two drug categories. For each drug category:
- Identify the drugs that belong to that category
- Briefly discuss the history of substance use and social response related to the drug category (e.g., how were the substances created, when did people start to use these types of substances, how or in what ways did these substance affect society).
- Identify how the drugs are administered (e.g., inhalation, injection, orally, nasally) in this category.
- Discuss how substances in the category impact the brain including which neurotransmitters (brain chemicals) that are affected.
- Explain the physical impact the substances in this category may have on the body.