Comparison/Contrast by its very nature calls for balance; writing sentences that utilize effective sentence combining using coordination and subordination is an ideal way to help create balance and how relationships between ideas. In addition, creating sentences that are parallel also helps effective balance and style. (Use strong revision skills to develop effective, specific, and thoughtful sentences.)
On your own sheet of paper, revise each of the following sentences to create parallel structure
using than or as.
1. I would rather work at a second job to pay for a new car than a loan.
2. How you look in the workplace is just as important as your behavior.
3. The firefighter spoke more of his childhood than he talked about his job.
4. Indian cuisine is far tastier than the food of Great Britain.
5. Jim’s opponent was as tall as Jim and he carried far more weight.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now