This project allows you to develop some interviewing skills, generate tables, create a timeline, and write a debate. These different mini projects allow you to think outside of the box of the traditional assignment and assessment format, stretching your academic capabilities and applying them to the sociology discipline.
1. Ask five people how they would define racism, religion, and family, and then summarize the definitions. Identify the similarities and differences in the definitions. Provide your own definitions of each and how they relate to each other.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
a. You can use any means you want to interview people. Social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), email, or personal interviews are all acceptable.
2. Generate a table with a list of the different patterns of interaction between minority and majority groups. The table should have three columns:
a. One column for the models
b. One column providing three facts about each model
c. One column providing two different examples for each model
3. Develop a K-W-L table for each of the racial/ethnic groups in the United States. Create three columns for each table with the following categories: What I KNOW (K), what I WANT to know (W), and what I LEARNED (L). Complete the “K” and “W” sections, listing at least three things you know and three things that you want to know about each of the racial/ethnic groups in the United States. Then, perform research on the different associated cultures, and list three things you learned about the different cultures, and fill them in the “L” section.
4. Create a timeline listing the different stages of family life. Make note of any events, significant milestones, or problems that may occur.
5. Argue both sides (supporting and rejecting) the following statement in one to two paragraphs: The religions in the world will never get along because they are too different.