You work for a large organisation that has recently introduced PRINCE2 as a required method for managing projects. Several policies, templates and other resources have not yet been developed, which means that you might be required in this, and future assignments to provide information that covers more than one component outlined in PRINCE2.
Your employer wants to improve their profile as being more socially responsible and has decided to allocate up to $50,000, spent over the next 12 months to achieve this goal.
You and several colleagues have been asked to individually design a proposal for a project that meets the criteria stated below. Later, in assignment 2, you will evaluate your proposal against your colleagues and determine which mutually exclusive proposal is to be selected.
To receive the funding, the project must meet the following criteria:
· It is to benefit a community in the Northern Territory or a target audience in the NT. External students can use the home State or Territory.
· It is to be a unique endeavour
· It is to be completed within one (1) year
· It is to be limited to a budget between $25,000 and $50,000
· It can create income; however, proceeds are to be donated the cause
· It should relate to your area of study (degree program). If not negotiate with your lecturer.
· It is not to include additional sponsorship, grants, donations beyond the $50,000. If the organisation’s staff are required to volunteer in the project during normal work hours the opportunity costs to the organisations normal work must be included as an expense.