A. Record your initial reaction to the work (suggested length of 1 paragraph or half a page) by doing the following:
1. Describe your initial thoughts and/or feelings about the work.
2. Describe in detail at least oneaspect of the work that most interests you.
B. Analyze the work (suggested length of 2–4 pages) by doing the following:
1. Describe the historical context of the period in which the work was written.
2. Discuss insights into the work that can be gained from the author’s biography.
3. Analyze how this work explores a particular theme and/or stylistic characteristic from its period.
4. Explain the relevance of this work for today’s audiences.
C. Reflect on how the analysis affected your perception of the work (suggested length of 1 paragraph or half a page).
1. Discuss how the deeper knowledge you gained through your analysis has informed or altered your thoughts and/or feelings about the work.
D. When you use sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, provide acknowledgement of source information for any content that is quoted, paraphrased or summarized. Acknowledgement of source information includes in-text citation noting specifically where in the submission the source is used and a corresponding reference, which includes:
• Location of information (e.g., publisher, journal, or website URL)