How will you be able to apply what you learned in this course to your current or future work? [All Learning Outcomes]
Your journal entry must be at least 200 words. No references or citations are necessary.
Course Learning Outcomes from Creative Thinking course:
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain the importance of developing creative thinking skills.
- Apply critical thinking processes to complex issues.
- Contrast creative thinking approaches with status quo thinking patterns.
- Develop strategies to overcome barriers that inhibit creative thinking.
- Examine leadership strategies that create an organizational culture embracing sustained creative thinking practices.
- Propose leadership approaches that support teamwork.
- Develop persuasive arguments through application of creative thinking principles.
- Create a process to foster creative thinking in a real-world organization.
Consider a professional, volunteer, school, or church organization with which you are currently affiliated. Discuss how critical and creative thinking could be employed to help achieve the organizational mission and to solve problems within the organization [Learning Outcome 8.1, 8.2, and 8.3]. Provide at least one tangible change that might be made.
The following are suggested topics to be covered. Not all of these need to be included, but be sure to include topics from the course:
- ethical or moral implications of proposed change, or current operations (possible justification for change) [Learning Outcome 2],
- how to overcome barriers to creative thinking [Learning Outcome 4],
- utilize persuasive arguments [Learning Outcome 7],
- propose leadership approaches that support teamwork [Learning Outcome 6], and
- describe leadership strategies that can be taken to achieve the goals listed and create a culture embracing sustained creative thinking practices [Learning Outcome 5].
The reflection paper should be a minimum of two pages in length and does not require research beyond course materials (e.g., textbook, videos). Any sources used should be properly cited according to APA style.