Study the following classic study in social psychology.
- Solomon Asch’s (1940, 1956) classic work on normative influence and conformity; sometimes referred to as the Asch effect
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper about a classic study in social psychology that includes the following information:
- A summary of the study and how it was conducted
- An explanation of the study results: What happened? Were there any unexpected findings? What did the authors conclude? What did the results mean, and what are their implications?
- An explanation of how the concept situationism applies to the study results
- Answers to the following questions:
- Do you think the study results might have been different if the participants were from a different cultural, ethnic, or gender group? How so?
- Do you think the results of the study are important and relevant to contemporary society? Explain.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.