For this Assignment, you will synthesize your understanding of the theories, best practices, and current trends in psychology to create a case. Begin by deciding on the type of job that interests you within your concentration. Imagine that you are a professional and create a hypothetical client whom you may encounter. Please note that the client does not always need to be an individual, but may be an agency, organization, or institution.
Here is an examples of a starting point for clients in each concentration:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Behavior Analysis: A teenager with autism who is having difficulty maintaining appropriate physical boundaries with others.
Please note that this is just some ideas and you should create a client that is interesting and relevant to you. In order to avoid potential confidentiality breaches, this should be a fictitious client, not a real person you know or have worked with.
Use the paper structure below to organize the facts and recommendations for your hypothetical client.
- Client demographics: For individual clients, you should include the client’s name, age, marital status, occupation, and relevant family information (such as children or involved siblings or parents). If your client is an agency or organization, describe the type of institution and information on the purpose and employees or clients (for example: A business that specializes in advertising and employs 40 individuals; a high school for children with learning disabilities.) This should be 2–3 paragraphs.
- Presenting problem: What is the reason for the client receiving your services? Be specific about the problem, but do not add many extra details by “telling the client’s story.” This should be a 2–3 paragraph description about the problem as the client perceives it.
- Goals: What are the client’s main intervention/treatment goals? Two or three goals should be provided, and these should be specific and measurable. When writing goals, remember that these should describe the outcome the client wants to achieve. (1–2 pages)
- Relevant theoretical constructs: Which theory is relevant to your client’s case? Describe the relevant points of the theory and if applicable, which stage(s) are present. (1–2 pages)For example, Erikson’s Psychosocial Theory may be relevant to work with a client who is struggling to develop a sense of self amid peer pressure, particularly the stage of Identity versus Role Confusion. You would clearly describe the main points of the theory and relevant stage(s). Freud’s Psychoanalytic Theory may apply to a client using defense mechanisms when dealing with addiction issues. You would give a general description of the theory and then discuss the relevant defense mechanisms.
- Intervention methods: Synthesize the theoretical model you chose above to explain the intervention methods you will utilize to help you client meet the goals. Remember that interventions should be based on documented evidence in your concentration, meaning that you should support your ideas with academic materials to show how they are appropriate. For example, what intervention strategies could be used to help the child dealing with Identify versus Role Confusion? (1–2 pages)
- Cultural considerations: What cultural issues will you need to consider when working with your client? Culture can refer to age, gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, language, and socioeconomic status. (1 page)
- Use of technology: Explain how you could use contemporary technology in your work with this client. For example, you could consider how technology is used to:
- store and organize records
- maintain confidentiality, such as preventing access to client files
- screen for symptoms of psychological disorders
- conduct therapy and meetings in non-traditional settings, such as through email or videoconferencing
Be sure to address the advantages and disadvantages of using technology for the purpose(s) you choose. (1/2–1 page)
The body of the paper should be 6–8 pages, not including the title page and reference page. Write the paper using guidelines of Standard American English. remember that all work must be your own and plagiarism is not tolerated. Be sure to review the plagiarism policy in your Syllabus. At least four academic references are required. Your paper should be in APA format.