Paper must be at least one page in a half, doubled space, 11 font, calbri font
Death with Dignity:
This week we will discuss a highly controversial topic, the Right to Die, or Death with Dignity.
What you will need to do this week:
· Review the two slide sets I have attached below
· Read Chapters 16 & 18 in your Corr text
· Read the short NPR article (link below)
· Watch the brief Youtube video below
· Review the 10 right-to-die cases, and the Legal website (links below)
· Answer the following questions by creating a thread, then respond to at least one other student
Questions to answer:
1. Based on the slides, and your readings, I would like you to pick one of the 10 cases from the link below, and reflect on how the legal process limits, neglects, or removes the ethical or moral elements of the case you chose…what I mean, is where should the laws protect the vulnerable from neglect/abuse, versus where does humane treatment become obfuscated, or impeded by our legal and justice system.
2. Where do you personally stand on the issue of right to die? Is it a right? Or is there an obligation to survive? What is the role of your personal belief system in your opinion?
3. What is the role of suffering in the developmental process? (I’m looking for your opinion, but I want you to substantiate or support it with our readings)
SLIDES: See attachments
LINKS FOR DISCUSSION:
ARTICLE AND VIDEO:
NPR Article: http://www.npr.org/2011/09/12/140336146/for-the-dying-a-chance-to-rewrite-life