Supporting Developmentally Appropriate Practices
Supporting Developmentally Appropriate Practices. Due by Day 7. For this assignment, you will return to the resources from the center you selected in Week 1 and your personal core values shared early in this course to write a response paper.
For this paper, complete the following:
- Part I (this should be in narrative form)
Referencing your personal core value, and the values, vision, and mission you obtained from the center you selected in Week 1, address the following in detail:
- Describe how the program does or does not meet DAP guidelines.
- Provide one action and three strategies of how the DAP is/can be implemented.
- Part II (this can be a continuation of the document created in Week 2 of the course)
According to NAEYC Standard 5 (Links to an external site.), a program promotes the nutrition and health of children and protects children and staff from illness and injury. Children must be healthy and safe in order to learn and grow. Programs must be healthy and safe to support children’s healthy development. More specifically NAEYC outlines the following as “what to look for in a program” (see below). Create a document/table with at least one example of how the following guidelines are communicated:
- Teaching staff have training in pediatric first aid.
- Infants are placed on their backs to sleep.
- The program has policies regarding regular hand washing and routinely cleans and sanitizes all surfaces in the facility.
- There is a clear plan for responding to illness, including how to decide whether a child needs to go home and how families will be notified.
- Snacks and meals are nutritious, and food is prepared and stored safely.
The Supporting Developmentally Appropriate Practices paper
- Must be at least two double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.). (This should include the Part I narrative and Part II table)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two outside sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.